While many people want to “age in place”, it can get lonely. Senior Activity Service will help replace the lonely times with exciting activity sessions that will give your loved one something special to look forward to each day or week.
Our service offers many different activities to help keep your loved one stimulated, based on their current activity and skill level. A thorough interview will be held during our first meeting to decide exactly what activities your loved one would prefer. Choosing the Physical Stimulation Program will require a signed physician’s note stating they are able to participate in our program.
We offer 5 Programs:
Senior Activities Yearly Program
- Activities based on themes per month and per week that follow our calendar year.
Specialized Alzheimer’s Program
- Curriculum based on “The Best Friends Book of Alzheimer’s Activities” based on the “Best Friends” model that people with Alzeheimer’s need most is a best friend.
Bible Study Program
- Christian centered based on Bible Study workbooks and Scripture readings.
Physical Stimulation Program
- Choose between our two options:
based program created by Mary Ann Wilson, RN.
“WiiFit” games to encourage hand-eye coordination and mental stimulation.
- You choose your own basis for our activities:
- being read to or reading together.
- listening to music together, singing if desired.
- a variety of crafts are offered, pertaining to the season, holiday or other choices. Scrap books, collages.
- teaching simple computer navigation tasks such as the internet or social networking sites.
- checkers, chess, card games and many more.
As we are a Christian-based program, we also offer the option to open and/or close each activity session with an Inspirational Reading.
Centered on People
We offer a person-centered approach, not a task-orientated approach. Your loved one will participate in the activity, at their level, in their own time. We advocate for what is best for those we serve.